Safe days after periods calculator : Biggest Question, when to have protected sex after periods? Best days to have Sex without getting pregnant ? As an Unplanned pregnancies can be a cause of great concern. You need to be careful and take the necessary precautions to protect yourself from unwanted pregnancy. Safe days after periods need to be known to the couple. If you want to make love without fear in a natural way, then you should know how to calculate your safe period for pregnancy. How do you time it right? What are the calculations? Read our post and find out how to calculate safe days after priods to avoid pregnancy. Safe days after periods are easy to calculate.
Safe days after periods Calculator
- An egg (ovum) can live inside a woman’s body for 12-24 hours. However, in calculating the fertile time we use 48 hours in case more than one egg is released.
- Sperm can live in a woman’s body up to 5 days after intercourse, though more often 2 days. Pregnancy is most likely if intercourse occurs anywhere from 3 days before ovulation until 2-3 days after ovulation.
- Since the exact time of ovulation cannot be predicted, we add 2 to 3 days to the beginning and end.
- Day 1 in the Menstrual Cycle is the first day of bleeding.
Safe Periods calculator gadget
Safe Days For Not Getting Pregnant
How Fertility Awareness Works
Pregnancy is prevented by not having sexual intercourse during the unsafe fertile time, or by using a barrier method such as male or female condom, cervical cap, diaphragm or withdrawal during the fertile time. Alternatively, if a woman wants to get pregnant, she can know when is the best time to have intercourse that is most likely to result in a pregnancy.
The more regular a woman’s cycle is, the more reliable Fertility Awareness is. As a woman becomes more familiar with the signs of ovulation and the pattern of her menstrual cycle, Fertility Awareness Method becomes more effective for her.
How To Implement Safe Day Prediction Method?
Calculating the safe period in menstrual cycle is simple. Here are the steps to follow:
- Know your last period first date.
- Determine the shortest and longest menstrual cycles through observing your menstrual cycle for last six months.
- Days 1 to 7 of menstrual period lasting from days 26 to 32 are known to be safe or infertile.
- The post-ovulatory stage is determinable on the basis that ovulation occurs on 19thday, there are chances for fertilization till day 20 of the menstrual cycle. The calculation depends on the life span of the egg.
World Health Organization (WHO) statistics shows that nearly 80% of menstrual cycles last from 26 to 32 days. You can estimate your safe period days by comparing it against the data available.
Better to use condom while having sex and use contraseptive pills to avoid pregnancy, and various sexualy transmitted disease (std’s).